Monday 31 October 2016

Glade Riders - 2

Glade Riders - WIP #2

So I've made some progress on the glade riders - currently two of the eight are finished and they are giving me inspiration to finish off the rest.

I've been working on the colour scheme working up the reds of the cloth to an orange/yellow:
- Base = Mephiston Red
- Shade = Carroburg Crimson
- Layer = Mephiston Red
- Layer 2 = Blood Red
- Layer 3 = 50% Blood Red/50% Wild Rider Red
- Layer 4 = Wild Rider Red
- Highlights = 50% Wild Rider Red/50% Sunburst Yellow
- Glaze = Lamenters Yellow

I find the final glaze just smooths out the contrast and really brightens up the highlights. It's a really nice technique I use for a lot of models I paint. The yellow is my favourite of the glazes, it even goes really well on a green.

Tattoo's have been added to the horses. I'm not great on free-handing anything but this will come with time.

The photos don't really do these guys justice. I'll try to take some better pictures when the lighting in the study is better.






No comments:

Post a Comment